Beam Saber Version 0.51 is live!
This update has been prepared to celebrate the successful conclusion of the Kickstarter! I'm launching it now rather than later, so that backers new to the game won't get confused or frustrated by an immediate rules update.
Here's the changelog:
- Specified that the Frontline's ability "Forged In The Fire" only applies in combat.
- Clarified that Cut Loose gives you a new Belief with the pilot who joins you.
- Clarified the wording of a few Entanglements that had 3 options for the players to choose from.
- Clarified how the Enhance Downtime Activity works.
- Clarified how Entanglements are rolled.
- Added details to How To Prepare A Mission section: Objective is what must be accomplished for the mission to succeed, Secondary Objectives would benefit the employer if accomplished but are not necessary for success, and breaking ROE would harm the Employer but does not cause the mission to fail.
- Survey has replaced Engineer in the Recon ability "Everyone Steals" to bring it more in line with the feel of the playbook.
- Clarified that when taking Dire Actions due to spending all Quirks, Stress can still be spent as normal.
- Moved the End of Session questions to after Engtanglements but before Downtime Activities.
- Clarified that when using the Empath ability "Carry That Weight" on a 0d result, you roll again with 1d.
- Added the faction specific rewards to the Creating A Faction section for ease of reference.
- Added a note to the Session Zero section to discuss whether the game is about the Pilots or about the Squad.
- Added directions to the Drives section about what to do if fulfilling a Drive means it makes sense for a Pilot to leave the game, and that choosing a Drive is indicating to the GM that it is a goal the Player is interested in struggling to accomplish.
- Clarified that Acquire Asset can be performed as a Flashback.
- Rearranged the Reward process for greater clarity. Clarified what happens if the Mission fails, and that Mission success is not required to tick Drive clocks.
- Clarified how getting XP from Rivals works in the Player Advancement section, and also added a reminder to check for Rival XP to the End of Session section.
- Added new alternate rules for a Slimmer Downtime Activity for those who find normal downtime rules too intense.
- The Collect Downtime Activity can now Crit, which provides 9 Supply Points.
- Clarified that the Mech Cav's Efficiencies Upgrade sets the maximum number of Quirks a Vehicle can have to 9.
- Clarified that only one Pilot or Cohort can assist on a Downtime Activity.
- Clarified that the person who spends a Downtime Activity on Fix is the owner of the Vehicle being repaired.
- Moved the Vehicle Load section to before the Quirk section since Load comes before Quriks in the Vehicle Creation process.
- Clarified that when a Pilot has multiple abilities that trigger with Stress or Quirks, each ability must be paid for separately.
- Clarified what Factions and Squads are in the "For Those Familiar With Blades In The Dark" section.
- Increased the cost of acquiring a new Vehicle to double the Vehicle's Load +1 per Tier of the Squad, all paid in Materiel. This was done because it was pointed out that in prior versions it was cheaper to replace a Vehicle, rather than Fix it, in many circumstances.
- Clarified how the Technician's "Jury Rig" ability works.
- Changed Motor Pool to halving the Materiel cost for new Vehicles, instead of removing the cost entirely.
Get Beam Saber
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.